My Vision for a Better Michigan
Re-opening our State
- Bill’s engineering background taught him to value hard facts and established science. Bill’s people-first plan to rebuild our state will take into account the most recent data on COVID-19’s community spread as well as the economic impact to our community’s small businesses. He will work with officials in the governor’s office as well as leaders in the private sector to do what’s best for our state.
- Bill supports a strong federal response to our current economic situation, including using our powers as a State Legislature to lobby our federal representatives and the federal government for shore up funding for our schools and small businesses to weather the economic impact.
- Bill is the father of three young children, so he understands the importance of quality public education. The potential $6 billion+ school aid fund shortfall translates to fewer skilled educators in the classroom, reduced extracurricular opportunities, and, ultimately, worse educational outcomes for our kids. Bill will put our schools first in budget negotiations because he believes that education is an investment in our future.
- Bill intends to make Michigan a place where our young people can achieve their dreams -- and he understands those dreams don’t look the same for everyone. Whether someone wants to pursue a college degree, an apprenticeship, or skills-building at a trade school, Bill believes there is a place for them in the Michigan economy.
- Bill knows that access to healthcare is critical for families to lead healthy and productive lives. He supports removing all barriers to Healthy Michigan to provide healthcare to those who need it most.
- Bill supports importing prescription drugs from other countries to reduce the costs in our State.
- Bill supports enshrining many of the rights and protections of the Affordable Care Act into State law, should the ACA be overturned by the courts. This includes support for pre-existing conditions, aging off parents' insurance at 26, etc.
- Bill strongly supports polluter pay laws that force corporations to take all reasonable measures to remove the pollution they have dumped into our environment. If you make a mess, you clean it up.
- Bill believes that clean water is a human right. He wants Michigan to be known for its abundant freshwater rather than drinking water crises like we experienced with PFAS. Bill will work with his colleagues in Lansing to create stricter standards for groundwater contamination to protect Michiganders from harmful pollutants, and prevent this kind of water crisis from happening again.
Supporting Small Businesses
- As a former small-business owner, Bill understands that well-intentioned regulations can hamper economic growth. He will make sure that any policies our government enacts achieve their desired outcomes. Those that don’t are simply bureaucratic red-tape and will be repealed.
- Bill will talk with our community’s small-business owners to make sure that their needs are met when our state provides future relief. He has been in their shoes, and he will use that experience to be a champion for our small business community during the post-COVID-19 recovery. Bill believes the government should back them up just like it would back up large corporations.
Do you like this page?